The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has established a set of universal goals aimed at creating a fair and sustainable future for everyone on our planet. These ‘Sustainable Development Goals’ focus on three main issues:
- End poverty, hunger and malnutrition
- Enable sustainable development in agriculture, fisheries and forestry
- Combat and adapt to climate change
The FAO is determined to assist and cooperate with companies across the globe to achieve these ambitious goals and furthermore supports initiatives which contribute to reaching these goals.
At Protifarm we are determined to help create a more sustainable and healthy future and are therefore committed to consider the FAO sustainable development goals in all operations. Edible insects can greatly contribute to reaching these sustainability goals:
- Insects are packed with high quality and natural nutrients
- We produce insects in a sustainable manner with a limited environmental impact
- Our partnerships are aimed to improve sustainability over the entire supply chain
The Protifarm Code of Conduct is leading. This enables us to create true sustainability in every step of our production process, from raw materials to end-consumer in cooperation with determined partners.